I found this written in stone on top of a hill behind a salsa club. I do not think of myself as a chosen prophet, still I feel the duty to pass it around:
1) You shall not dance out of time
2) You shall not refuse a dance to a less advanced dancer
3) You shall respect other dancers on the dance floor
4) You shall not use more than 2 square metres of dance floor
5) You shall treat fellow instructors or salsa organisers as colleagues, not as competitors
6) You shall not DJ commercial music at a genuine salsa event
7) You shall not repeat the same songs over and over each week when you DJ
8) You shall not discriminate against other dancers because of their looks, age, race, passport.
9) You shall learn all salsa styles so you can dance with everyone
10) You shall not smoke or drink on the dance floor.